Friday, November 12, 2010

Here's how to work the Kroger Mega Event

Kroger has a sale this week, and for every 10 specified items you buy, you get $5 off your total purchase. Basically, you get .50 cents off each item. Well, I just got back from the grocery and thought I would share how I worked the Mega Event this week. I purchased exactly 30 of the mega event items, which gave me $15 off my total. You have to buy in quantities of 10 for this sale to work out right.

10 Del Monte tomatoes (2 coupons for $1 off 5 cans)
8 Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom soups (4 coupons for .40 cents off 2 cans)
2 boxes Nestle hot cocoa
1 Hot Pocket
5 cans Swanson chicken broth (found a coupon that someone left on the shelf for .50 off 5 cans)
3 boxes Auntie Anne's macaroni and cheese (organic section)
1 box Stove Top stuffing

Keep in mind that Kroger doubles coupons with a value of .50 cents or less.
Total cost for all 30 items after coupons and discount =  approximately $10
I think I worked this sale pretty good, don't you?

2 comments:

Mike and Molly Spivey said...

way to go! We are moving to where there is a kroger and no publix, so I am going to have to learn how to coupon at kroger. Do you find good sales apart from their Mega Sales?

The Goulds said...

We don't have Publix here in Louisville, so I mostly coupon shop at Kroger. You can get pretty good deals, especially when you match coupons up with the mega sales or 10 for $10 sales. At different times in the past, I have subscribed to thegrocerygame.com, and they give you a list of all the advertised and unadvertised sales with matching coupons. It's a nice service and it helps you learn what is a good deal at Kroger. If you've never used The Grocery Game before, you can get a free four week trial subscription on their website.

By the way, I've been impressed with the coupon deals you've posted on your website. From the looks of it, Publix is a great place to shop. Too bad we don't have one in Louisville.